Blogging has quickly become my favorite pastime. And while I love this new hobby, I think I’ve found one downfall to the blogosphere. There is so much information out there that great posts get lost in the archives!
Before you doubt my common sense, let me explain myself. Yes, archives allow readers to go back in time and find previous posts about topics that interest them, but how many of us actually do that? I know I don’t have enough time to browse the extensive archives of my entire blogroll.
Well, at least I didn’t—but now that school’s out for winter break, I have plenty of time to do the grunt work. Luckily, I’m in the Christmas spirit and feeling generous with my newfound knowledge.
Below are some of the most informative blogs I’ve found tucked away in some amazing bloggers’ archives. They’re especially great for students trying to learn more about the field or for professionals trying to brush up their skills. Read, learn, and enjoy!
- 5 Steps for Sending Out Press Releases Effectively
- 55 Articles to Help You Start a Blog
(it’s a lot to get through, but very helpful)
- Are You Ready to Pitch a Blogger?
- Building Portfolios
- Campaigns Gone Wrong – Strike 2 for Boston
(a case study that serves as a how-to in reverse – what NOT to do in a marketing campaign)
- The Changing Media Landscape
- Crisis Communication Plans – A Look at the Virginia Tech Incident
- Examining the Disconnect Between Executives and Communicators
- Following Consumer Trends is Vital to PR
- Further Observations about the Boston Mishaps
- Getting, Keeping, and Changing PR Jobs
- Is It Okay to Fail?
- Learn to Podcast
- Overcoming the Writers’ Curse
- What Not to Say to the Media
(be sure to open the .pdf file)
- Writing a Great Social Media Press Release
(check out all the links for even more insight)
- Understanding Corporate Uses of Social Media