After having an amazing time in 2011, I am ready to challenge myself even more next year. There are a lot of things I’m hoping to accomplish before December 31, 2012 in lots of different areas of my life. Here’s a long list of goals I will be working toward achieving:
In 2011, running became a very important part of my life. When I resumed running in January, I could barely maintain a 10:30 mile for 30 minutes on the treadmill. Now, I go for 13 mile runs because I feel like it. I am excited to see what I can achieve with running in 2012.
- Finish my first half marathon.
- Run a half marathon in 1:45.
- Break 23 minutes in the 5K.
- Run 12 races in 2012.
- Set PRs in the 8K and 10K distances.
While running is my hobby and preferred method of exercise, I know that I need to build strength in other areas in order to maintain a balanced lifestyle. I hope to incorporate more variety into my health routine to ensure I am the healthiest I can be.
- Try 3 new types of exercise. (I’d like to try The Bar Method, Cross Fit, TRX Training, and Physique 57).
- Strength train at least 2 time per week.
- Practice yoga at least 3 times per month.
- Eliminate sweets/desserts completely for one month.
- Make 10 new recipes.
Living a balanced lifestyle means improving my mental and emotional health. In trying to develop physically health habits, this area of my life didn’t receive as much attention in 2011. I hope to change that next year.
- Read 25 new books.
- Improve a professional skill (such as CSS/HTML or SEO/SEM).
- Attend 6 networking events.
- Read and watch the news daily.
- Read 3 industry-related books.
I’m glad I took the time to outline my goals before the new year starts – I have a tendency to make resolutions/goals in mid-January. I’m eager to get started as soon as I’m back in D.C. !
What are you hoping to accomplish in 2012?