Happy New Year’s Eve!
This time of year is always filled with goal setting, reflecting, and resolution making. I did pretty well with my 2012 goals, only missing a few that probably weren’t very realistic (seriously, a month without sweets?!).
A lot happened last year. When reflecting on the last 12 months this morning, I realized I:
- ran my first half marathon… and my second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh.
- broke 1:45 in the half and 22 minutes in the 5K.
- ran a race for charity as a Girls on the Run SoleMate.
- got placed on a HUGE account at work, allowing me to grow in my career.
- signed up for my first marathon.
- traveled to NYC, Austin, Detroit, Orlando, and San Francisco.
- took a new job in Florida, which meant leaving my friends & running community in D.C.
- survived my first week in Tampa – arriving in the middle of a hurricane & a major political convention.
- finally visited Ireland, and took the trip of a lifetime with my mom and grandparents.
- challenged my uncle to run a half marathon with me, and he did.
- ran my first 17, 18, and 20 mile runs.
I think that’s the most productive year I’ve had in a really long time!
Now, I’m thinking about what I hope to accomplish in 2013:
- Finish a marathon
- Run 12 races throughout the year
- PR in the 5K and 10K
- Break 1:40 in the half marathon
- Complete a trail race
- Take swimming lessons
- Nail one of the “crazy” yoga poses – arm balance, bird of paradise, etc.
- Achieve all of my work goals
- Travel to 5 new places
- Read 25 books
So, here’s to the last day of 2012 and then it’s on to the next!